Semi-Pro Crasher

So i heard of Tessa there were boat maps long time ago. But they got deleted due the boats flipping over.
    There is a solution of that:

stock IsVehicleUpsidedown(vehicleid);

It's a costum function, not standard in samp.

The stock for michael: http://pastebin.com/czVe2Q3m

Hope this will solve the problem :)

Command for testing:

CMD:testl(playerid,params[])
    {
    if(IsVehicleUpsideDown(GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid))) SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_RED,"Vehicle is upside down");
    else SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_RED,"Vehicle is not upside down");
    return 1;
    }

Greetings, M@B

over 1 year about 7 years
    Master Crasher

to be honhest, i dont see boat maps making return: altough, yes, it was fun at first, boat maps get annoying unbelievably fast, plus i have never liked the idea of derby being held between boats.
    that said, im staying neutral on this one, because i like the idea and i hate it at same time

about 7 years
    Pro Burner

Nice one, michael, i think custom written functions doesnt affect the usage of samp as long you use it within the range of the serverside mod.

about 7 years
    Rookie Crasher
    5d6999a45b7714d70efb5668e2370412

It was more that destroying other boats is much more difficult than destroying other cars, and that it's harder to be original with map design when you're restricted to water.

about 7 years
    Pro Burner

If you add waves in the map, it goes even worse. You might barely hit each other. And the only way to beat ppl up is to use the lagpit but well, you guys surely have better experience in it.

about 7 years
    Advanced Derbyer

Its going to be hell for people to try and derby using boats, they have really bad maneuverability, and as meelis said, it will slowly start getting less popular with the community.

about 7 years
    Rookie Burner

Honestly, boat maps weren't removed because they were buggy, they were removed because they were terrible.

Unlike races. Which we should totally bring back.

about 7 years
    Pro Burner

I suggest we should make a trial session for two weeks and we ll see if it s worth a shot.

about 7 years
    Semi-Pro Crasher

kleinY
    Nice one, michael, i think custom written functions doesnt affect the usage of samp as long you use it within the range of the serverside mod.

True.

Renegade334
    It was more that destroying other boats is much more difficult than destroying other cars, and that it's harder to be original with map design when you're restricted to water.

cppane22
    Its going to be hell for people to try and derby using boats, they have really bad maneuverability, and as meelis said, it will slowly start getting less popular with the community.

I know the handling of boats are less smoother then cars, and it's all about a boat. If you use for example a Jetmax and the other maps has a Dinghy then there is much difference between them. And for boat maps there should be something else in the map submitting page. And with that the weather should be the calmest (for the waves)

kleinY
    I suggest we should make a trial session for two weeks and we ll see if it s worth a shot.

And what kleinY said, that should be worth it.

about 7 years
    Advanced Derbyer

Personally, I'm not interested...

about 7 years
    Pro Burner

Well i havent tried it either but i havent even tried eating cooked snails in france yet, so at least we can try it out the boat derby by setting time, date and lenght and if not done, fixing the code. And if ppl arent interested, why not be absent until a new round starts with normal cars? We can vote for maps anyway.

about 7 years
    Advanced Derbyer

You forgot about trolls who will vote for these maps even if no one would like to play it. :D BTW... I would puke if I had to eat cooked snail. xD

about 7 years
    Pro Burner

You re right, it s like when some maniacs vote for spider web for ten times and more in a day. But about the snails, i know it s disgusting but my lil bro tried it out and he said it tasted good (with some sauce ofc.)

about 7 years
    Semi-Pro Crasher

ConradoKC
    You forgot about trolls who will vote for these maps even if no one would like to play it. :D BTW... I would puke if I had to eat cooked snail. xD

There is a 'nominate anti-spam' tough ? :p If it's get too many nominates, you can't nom it anymore.

about 7 years
    Advanced Derbyer

Ok. But if we would have about 20-30 boat maps they will have a lot of options to choose it. :)

about 7 years
    Master Crasher

still big no. lets face it- boats are pain in the ****. also, when theres bunch of boatmaps, i mean come on, its boooooring

about 7 years
    Semi-Pro Crasher

Meelis13
    still big no. lets face it- boats are pain in the ****. also, when theres bunch of boatmaps, i mean come on, its boooooring

Oh great Mr No . But boat maps give you a lot of opportunities when you make the map. And some maps can be boring, like we already have on just, car maps.

about 7 years
    Master Crasher

what opportunities? few ramps and obstacles, thats it- you cant have elevations or percision driving in fear of fall off. therefore, car maps can have way more variety than boat maps ever could

about 7 years
    Semi-Pro Crasher

Meelis13
    what opportunities? few ramps and obstacles, thats it- you cant have elevations or percision driving in fear of fall off. therefore, car maps can have way more variety than boat maps ever could

Pff, i can't talk to you. Leave it alone :-/

about 7 years
    Master Crasher

why?

about 7 years
    Rookie Smasher

The boat maps were the best!

almost 2 years
    Advanced Derbyer
    F8ac0f051dacb6a5f7863c5fcb546a6d

Going to start work on this. The map uploader now accepts the predator, squallo, speeder, and jetmax.

over 1 year
Back